To whom does this policy apply?
Under the Privacy Act 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and the National Privacy Principles we are bound to protect your personal information. We respect your rights to privacy of the personal details supplied to us through application forms relating to any issued Product Disclosure Statements or such other disclosure documents, via our website or from information supplied by third parties.
What is considered to be personal information?
Personal information is any information about an individual that identifies the individual or by which their identity can reasonably be ascertained.
Personal information may include:
- Your name, gender and date of birth
- Your contact details such as address, phone number and email address
- Your bank account details for direct crediting of distributions and redemptions
- investment information about your holding in our products
- Your ax File Number/Australian Business Number, if you have chosen to disclose it
- Your login details for our website
- any personal information necessary for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Why is personal information collected?
In order to carry on our day to day business, Kimber may need to use your personal information in the following ways:-
- to make and maintain your investments;
- to contact investors with regards to reporting of fund information;
- to fulfill legal requirements for disclosure imposed on us by external parties
Kimber may also need to use your personal information for internal reporting purposes such as:
- monitor and evaluate products and services
- gather data for statistical, actuarial, prudential or research purposes
- provide you with information about other products or services.
We will not collect any other information about you, unless you are aware that we are collecting it or unless you have directed a third party to provide it to us.
When can we disclose your personal information?
We can only disclose personal information collected by us for a purpose that you have consented to, or authorized where we are required to do so under the general (such as circumstances relating to public health and safety, social security and taxation )
Under the Corporations Act we must maintain certain transaction records with regards to your investments and we can be asked to make those records available for inspection to ASIC
We are entitled to disclose personal information to third party service providers (such as fund managers, custodians, mailing houses and auditors) in order to provide our services to you.. These external parties are only authorised to use personal information for the purpose for which Kimber supplied it. They are not authorised to use that information for their own purposes.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will ensure that personal information collected and kept by us is kept safe and secure, and protected from , loss, unauthorised use, misuse, inaccuracy, modification or disclosure.
Please advise us of any change in personal details as soon as possible so that we may maintain accurate records.
We have taken all reasonable steps to protect and keep confidential all personal information collected through our website, including the implementation of procedures and equipment technically feasible at the time. We cannot guarantee however that personal information collected online is totally protected from unauthorised collection or misuse.
Accessing your Personal Information
If you have concerns about the completeness or accuracy of the personal information Kimber holds about you, or would like to access or amend the information, please contact our Privacy Officer at: